Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Internet - Yay or Nay?

I'm beginning to think that technology could be the cause of some relationship breakdowns. With the recent spate of arguments I've witnessed over the internet, I can safely say technology is harmful - when used inappropriately.

Facebook for instant - A social network great for catching up with friends and also a great platform to widen your circle of friends. However, it should be limited to that. It should not be used as a platform to voice your unhappiness regarding your family, friends and whoever. Why? Because as discreet as you try to be, it is the internet we're talking about and just ANYBODY can have access to it. I personally do not condone the act of airing your dirty linen in public. And in the case where I witnessed, blames were pushed to one another over who-told-who-about-this-and-that. You aired your dirty linen in public, don't go on blaming others when you get dirty looks. Blame yourself for using the internet as a platform to voice your opinions. It not only undermines your pride and dignity, it also affects your relationship with others.

That brings me to the question, yay or nay for the internet?