Sunday, April 04, 2010

nostalgia

So a cousin of mine uploaded photos from the times when we were younger.. Such sweet, sweet memories. Looking back at those photos made me feel happy yet sad and got me wishing I could live those times yet again. Those were the times when things we families were so close knitted. It was good times, good ol' times.

Now, things have changed so much. Some have departed for good, some have chosen the wrong path, some have left and build a new family, we the children have grown up. Some have got married and with kids, most of us are falling in and out of love.. We've all somehow or rather taken our own path in life and its been a while since we last had a gathering where its all just to have fun. The last gathering we had wasn't for a happy occasion, rather it marked my grandpa 40th day since he's been gone.

I'm not saying right now things have changed so drastically. Its still good, but the changes, no doubt, can be felt. Its not the same as back then, because we were kids and we don't know what goes on. All we know was we were happy playing with each other and that's that. But as we grow up, we've all got our own mindset and preferences. I can definitely feel the distance between my cousins and me because we've been brought up together and now its just different. Maybe its the age gap, I don't know. :) I tend to hang out with the adults(am missing them a whole lot especially after looking through the photos!) more than them. Haha. Funny. Must be the age gap. Anyhoos, I still love my family a lot despite the changes. Change or not, nothing's going to change the fact we're a family.

Bonne nuit!